The boiler won't turn on. It's my first night moving in and it's the middle of the night

First night in a new home, the boiler died
๐Ÿ“– Home Diary · Ep. 1

First night in a new home,
the boiler died

1 AM, -13°C. In my empty room, I was shivering.

✍️ PanSol Team|๐Ÿ“… January 2025|⏱ 6 min|๐Ÿท Boiler · Moving · Emergency dispatch
Friday, January 17, 2025.
Seoul · Clear · 11 PM
๐ŸŒก Low of -13°C

That day, for the first time in my life, I held a front-door key engraved with only my own name.

· · ·

By the time I'd unpacked, it was 11 PM

Twelve delivery boxes, two sets of bedding, one small TV. After folding up 5 years of Seoul monthly-rent life, I'd finally secured "my home." A second-floor villa unit at the edge of Gyeonggi, ₩550,000 a month with no deposit, a single room — but that day I was the richest person in the world.

The first thing I did after unpacking was lie flat on the floor, spread-eagle. I stared blankly at the ceiling. My ceiling. My floor. My walls.

"So I finally get to sleep here."

Up until then, I knew nothing.

· · ·

The strange part came at 1 AM

It was when I lay down in bed to sleep. Something was off. At first I thought it was moving-day fatigue. But the room was clearly getting colder. My hands and feet were freezing. White breath came out of my mouth.

"No way, surely not."

I pressed the boiler button. No response. I held down the power button. No response. The digital display didn't light a single red light — it was just dead.

The boiler had broken down.
-13°C, first night in a new home, 1 AM.

The worst timing always comes without warning

I grabbed the phone

First I contacted the landlord. I sent a text.

Hello. I'm the new tenant in unit 102 who moved in today. The boiler isn't working. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ
1:07 AM · Sent

No reply. I searched "boiler emergency repair dawn" on Naver.

"Consultation is difficult right now. After 9 AM on weekdays..."
"Night dispatch fee starts at ₩50,000 plus a 30% night surcharge..."
"A visit is possible, but part replacement adds cost... what's the boiler brand..."

I hung up. My hands were shaking. From the cold, and from fear.

"What is this, on the first night of moving in."
· · ·

2 AM, I put on a long padded coat and sat on the floor

I pulled out the electric blanket. I layered two blankets. I kept searching, but there was nowhere that seemed likely to come. And even if they came, I had no idea how much it would cost.

"They took the dispatch fee, didn't fix it, and left."
"A ₩100,000 estimate later became ₩500,000."
"They won't answer."

The more I read, the scarier it got. Was I just supposed to sleep like this tonight? Like this, from the very first day.

Fiddling with my smartphone, a link a friend had shared a few months back caught my eye.

I tried this and it's really convenient. Just describe it in words and it solves everything ๐Ÿ‘‡
pan-sol.netlify.app
· · ·

"The boiler won't turn on. It's my first night moving in and it's the middle of the night."

I connected. A map unfolded with a chat box below it. Without much hope, I moved my fingers.

The boiler won't turn on. It's my first night moving in and it's the middle of the night. It's so cold ๐Ÿ˜ข
2:14 AM
PANSOL AI
You must be really flustered. Is the power completely off, or does it turn on but the heating doesn't work?
The power itself won't come on.
PANSOL AI
I'm finding a partner near your current location. One moment ๐Ÿ”
PANSOL AI · Partner found
๐Ÿ“ 1.4km away · rating 4.9 · 12 years of boiler experience

Night dispatch fee ₩35,000, plus ₩5,000-10,000 if a fuse needs replacing.
Payment is made in the app after the repair is done.

The numbers were clearly written. The estimated cost came first. I pressed the connect button.

2:37 AM, the intercom rang

"Unit 102, right? I'm Kang, your PanSol partner."
He was a man in his 50s in a winter jacket. He crouched in front of the boiler and opened the panel.

"Ah, here it is." — it took less than 3 minutes.

"The fuse blew. It happens when you use a lot of electricity during a move. It's common."

"Try pressing it."

I pressed the button. A red light came on. There was the sound of something running.

I thought that sound
was the prettiest sound in the world.

The sound of the boiler running · 2:40 AM

The repair cost was ₩42,000

๐Ÿงพ Repair receipt · 2025.01.18 02:40 AM
Night dispatch fee₩35,000
Fuse part cost₩7,000
Total₩42,000

I paid in the app. A window to leave a partner rating popped up. I pressed five stars.

"Glad I could help on a night like this. Make good memories of your first day."

๐ŸŒ™

I lay back down on the floor.
This time on a warm floor.
For the first time in my home, I slept warm.

· · ·

What I learned later

Oh no, I'm sorry. I drank and fell asleep early. Did you get the boiler fixed? How much was it?
₩42,000.
That's a cheap deal.

Those words felt oddly good.

๐Ÿ“Œ This post is a story reconstructed by mixing fiction and non-fiction based on real experience. Character names and details have been dramatized.
๐Ÿ™ PANSOL

If you're in a similar situation,
don't suffer alone, even at dawn

One message connects you to the nearest pro · Completely free during beta

Connect with a pro for free →
✅ 24-hour service✅ Transparent quotes✅ Escrow payment✅ Free beta
▶ NEXT EPISODE · Ep. 2
"I tried to replace a faucet and nearly flooded the whole apartment"
The story of blowing a Sunday afternoon after watching one wrong YouTube DIY video
›
#PanSol #RepairServiceRec #BoilerRepair #MovingDay #EmergencyDispatch #HomeRepair #HomeInfra
#PlumbingRepair #ACCleaning #BoilerCheck #ElectricalRepair #MoveCleaning #HomeCareTips
#HomeDiary #RepairCostGuide #HomeHealth #SingleHousehold #NewlywedHome #LivingAlone
aza club

A Guide to Sound Wealth Growth! A Funding Platform for Businesses and Individuals!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post