6 AM-10 PM we followed his day

6 AM, a partner's hands packing the tool bag
๐Ÿ“ท Partner Stories · A Day With

From 6 AM
to 10 PM
we followed his day

No camera, just one notepad.
We shadowed the day of PanSol partner Mr. Kim.

๐Ÿ“ท PanSol Reporting Team|๐Ÿ“… January 2025|⏱ 12 min read|๐ŸŽ™ Real ride-along report
14 years
Plumbing·boiler experience
3
Dispatches this day
★ 4.9
PanSol cumulative rating
๐Ÿ”ง
Partner Kim (48)
Plumbing·boiler·heating specialist · 3rd-year PanSol partner
14 years' experienceCovers Eunpyeong·Seodaemun, Seoul820+ completed★ 4.9 perfect

When we proposed the report, he laughed briefly. "What is there to see about me? I'm just a guy who fixes pipes."

That made me want to follow him more. What the day of "just a guy who fixes pipes" is like.

· · ·
AM 06:00
๐ŸŒ‘ Dawn · home in Eunpyeong-gu

The alarm was set for 5:50. But he was already awake.

He made a coffee in the kitchen and opened his phone. The PanSol app. He checks the 3 dispatches assigned today. Address, symptom, customer note. Reading each, he prepares in his head.

"The moment I wake, I look at my phone. I need to know which homes I'm going to so I know what to load in the truck. If there's a pipe replacement I take pipes, if it's a boiler I pack ignition parts and valves."

His eyes stopped on the third job today. Hongeun-dong, Seodaemun-gu. Age 78. Boiler won't ignite. The note field was just one line.

"It's been five days. It's very cold."

AM 07:15
๐Ÿš En route

The old 1-ton truck bed holds two tool bags, a bundle of pipes, and a box of boiler parts. The truck seat's sponge has sunk from long use, and a small notebook is tucked in the dashboard.

"What do you write in the notebook?"

"After visiting a customer's home, I note anything special. Next time they call, it should be a continuation, not a first time. What state this home's boiler was in, where the pipe was weak. It's in the app too, but my own handwriting reads faster."
· · ·

First home — 9:30 AM, Naengcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu

AM 09:30
๐Ÿข First dispatch · Naengcheon-dong villa #302

A newlywed couple. A home they moved into last year, water leaking from the pipe under the bathroom sink. The husband had already left for work, and the wife opened the door alone, holding her baby.

"Oh, you came quickly. It's the baby's nap time, could I ask you to be quiet?"

"Of course. I'll make as little noise as possible."

Before entering, he set his shoes neatly. He worked with the tool bag on his own knee, not the floor. So as not to leave a single scratch on the floor.

It was a leak from a loosened connection nut. Finished in 28 minutes. Before leaving, he wiped the moisture in the cabinet under the sink with a dry towel. Though no one asked.

"If it stays wet, mold forms later. You can't just fix the fixed part; you have to see the state after this too."
· · ·

Second home — 1 PM, Bulgwang-dong, Eunpyeong-gu

PM 01:00
๐Ÿ— Second dispatch · Bulgwang-dong multiplex #501

Lunch was two convenience-store rice balls in the car. When I asked "You have no time to eat?" he said this.

"It's a habit. Sitting long to eat makes me sleepy in the afternoon. Eating while moving suits me."

The second home was a studio where a breadwinner in his 50s lives alone. He said the hot water came and went repeatedly. It was a faulty boiler hot-water valve.

When the work was done, the customer asked, "How much?" The partner showed the app screen. Exactly the quote shown in advance. The customer looked at the screen for a moment and said,

"This is the actual price? It's cheaper than I thought. When I called elsewhere I paid double."

Instead of answering, the partner quietly smiled.

· · ·

Third home — 3:20 PM, Hongeun-dong, Seodaemun-gu

Driving the truck, he recalled again the note he'd read that morning.

"It's been five days. It's very cold."

It was January. The temperature was -9°C.

PM 03:20
๐Ÿš Third dispatch · Hongeun-dong row house · Ms. Lee Sun (78)

It was an old row house. The stairs had no handrail. Holding the tool bag in one hand, he went up bracing against the wall. He stood before the door of #201 and pressed the bell.

After a long while, the door opened.

It was an elderly woman. She was wearing a thick winter coat. Indoors. She held both hands tightly clasped.

"You must be cold, please come in."

He stepped into the home. He could see his breath. It was cold enough to see it.

The boiler room was on the veranda side. The partner opened the lid and pressed the ignition button. Click. Click. Click. No flame came.

The ignition plug had gone out. An old model — he checked if the part existed. Luckily the truck carried the same-spec part.

Replacing it took 25 minutes. There was the sound of the boiler turning on.

Vrrrrrm.

The home began to breathe.

He went to the grandmother waiting in the room. "It's all done now. It'll warm up soon."

The grandmother said nothing.

She just stood there. Then she slowly walked toward the radiator and put her hand on it. It was still cold. She stood like that for about 5 minutes.

And slowly the warmth rose.

The grandmother's hand stayed on the radiator. Like touching again something she hadn't been able to touch for a long time.

"It's warm."

Ms. Lee Sun (78) — putting her hand on the radiator

That was all. Just two words. But hearing them, the partner turned his back for a moment. On the excuse that his eyes weren't good.

· · ·

After the work, the grandmother brought out coffee

The grandmother went into the kitchen. A moment later she came out with two cups of instant coffee.

"It'd be a shame if you just left. Have a cup before you go."

The two sat facing each other. A single calendar page was stuck on the table. A few date squares were circled. She said they were hospital days.

"Do you live alone?" he asked.

"My son is in Busan. He's busy. We talk sometimes."

The talk paused for a moment. The grandmother looked out the window.

"When the boiler broke, I just endured two days. I worried calling would make him fret. I kept saying I'd call once it got colder... and it became five days."

The partner set down his coffee cup for a moment.

"If this happens again next time, call right away. I cover this neighborhood. It doesn't take long. You mustn't endure it alone."

The grandmother looked at the partner for a moment. Then she said this.

"You're like my son."

That was the word the partner remembered longest that day.

· · ·

7:30 PM, in the truck heading home

PM 07:30
๐Ÿš Heading home · Hongeun-dong → Eunpyeong-gu

The radio was on. A weather forecast played. Tomorrow morning's temperature would be -12°C.

When the partner stopped at a signal, his phone buzzed. A KakaoTalk alert. An unsaved number.

KakaoTalk · 7:42 PM
๐Ÿ‘ฉ
Unknown number
Hello, partner. You visited my mother's home in Hongeun-dong today, right?
7:42
๐Ÿ‘ฉ
My mother called me. She said thank you for warming her up today, and that you had coffee together.
7:43
๐Ÿ‘ฉ
I didn't even know the boiler had broken. She didn't say. I only now learned she was cold alone for five days. I'm so sorry...
7:44
๐Ÿ‘ฉ
My mother said you told her to "call right away." How much comfort that must have given her. I sincerely thank you.
7:44
Not at all. It's only natural. Please keep your mother healthy and well. If anything comes up next time, call me right away. I'll rush over.
7:51

After sending the message, the partner didn't put the phone down for a while.

Outside the window, street lamps began to light. The windows somewhere in Seoul lit up one by one. People were coming home. To warm homes.

Only then did he grip the wheel tightly. Just for a moment.

· · ·

Today's record

๐Ÿ“‹ January 2025, a day with a partner — today by the numbers
Total distance traveled67 km
Dispatches3
Total work time4 hr 12 min
Lunch time8 min (in the car)
Today's temperature-9°C
The word he'll remember longest today"You're like my son"
· · ·

As the report ended, we asked a final question

Before going home, in the truck, we asked one last thing.

"Are there times this work is hard for you?"

He thought for a moment.

"It's hard. My body is tired every day. Outdoor work in the cold is the most grueling. But when I visit a grandmother's home like today... something feels filled. It feels like a reason I had to be here today is created. Because of that feeling, I get up at dawn tomorrow too."

He didn't go to fix pipes.
He went so someone's home
could become a home again.

Reporter's note — PanSol Reporting Team
· · ·

Words customers left

★★★★★2025.01.18
He explained really thoroughly. Even "why it broke, and how to use it long from now on." Not just fixing and leaving but teaching me — I felt like I learned something instead.
Naengcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu · homemaker in her 30s
★★★★★2025.02.07
I asked for my mother's boiler and my mother loved it so much. She even said "better than my son." You wouldn't know how big a relief this service is for an elder living alone. Thank you so much.
Eungam-dong, Eunpyeong-gu · office worker in 40s (requested for mother)
★★★★★2025.11.25
It was different from the moment he took off his shoes coming in. After the work he even wiped the floor before leaving, and that sight moved me without realizing. He's a person even better than his skill.
Bulgwang-dong · office worker in 50s
๐Ÿ“Œ This post is a reconstruction based on a ride-along report with a real PanSol partner. Names and some details were altered for privacy. The quoted reviews are reconstructions of real user reviews.
๐Ÿ”ง

He gets up at 6 AM today too.
He makes a coffee and checks which homes he's going to today.

Because somewhere, someone is
cold, or leaking, or waiting.

That's his reason.

๐Ÿ™ PANSOL

A pro like partner Kim
is near you right now

Verified partners · upfront quotes · escrow-safe payment · Completely free during beta

▶ More partner stories
"The day I held a tool bag for the first time at 55"
A partner who closed a 25-year corporate career and began a second act of life
›

๐Ÿงก Share this with someone who worked hard today

#ADayWithAPartner #PanSolPartner #PlumbingTechnician #BoilerRepair #ElderLivingAlone #WarmStory
#PanSol #PartnerStories #HomeRepair #MovingStory #ATechniciansDay #HomeInfra #HomeRepair
aza club

A Guide to Sound Wealth Growth! A Funding Platform for Businesses and Individuals!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post